Book 2 Chapter 3

Book 2 Chapter 3
“Hezbollah is demanding that their UN representatives have access to all hospitals tomorrow at 0600 to verify if any Hezbollah fighters have been admitted and if their needs are being met. It is part of all the agreements relating to the occupied territory with the UN,” the Director said.

“We have been monitoring their communications since the attack. Things went wild after the vehicles returned without the Iranians. Iran is sending a team to the Golan to find the men and interrogate the drivers,” he said.
“We need to move them to another location; it cannot wait until Sunday,” he said.

I knew what he was doing; they now wanted to keep the two, do their own interrogation themselves and save the two as bargaining chips for later on.

I called Lorrie, “Find out how far the C130 is from Tel Aviv and the arrival time,” I instructed and then I was placed on hold.

“Its five hours out, will land at Tel Aviv at 0200 your time,” Lorrie replied.

“It’s going to be a fast round robin, pick up two passengers, fuel and run. If they are out of flight time or need the rest I will send Max and Toby to fly it back. They would have to stay until the G5 is ready to return. Let me know ASAP,” I said.

“Director Dorin, have the two to the airport by 0200, they will be gone by 0300,” I said.

From the expression on his face, it was not what he wanted to hear but I did not care. The cooperation between Mossad and JBG along with my White House connection was far too valuable for them to risk throwing a shovel of hot coals on it.

I was sure he knew we would get every bit of information there was from them or else. He just would not have them for a bargaining chip later because when I was through with them, they were going into the furnace alive.

“1800 hours Monday at Fort Smith – located at Morton Field – if you want to be in on the fun,” I said.

I went back to reading the information in the bag. If Director Dorin kept his word I had Guardian General Fayeez Mohammad of the Iranian Republican Guard, head of their intelligence division. Balthazar’s father, if the reports were right and the mastermind driving black web sites – or at least Robert and I suspected.

What in the hell was someone of his level doing in the field with a raiding party? After a second thought, what the hell was I doing in the same area? Both of us must have had a plate of dumb yesterday morning. The only thing that came to mind was he was there to help Hezbollah improve intelligence collection. He had been suckered in to watch a successful raid against the IDF.

Me, I was just hardheaded and fearless. I wondered how many lives I had left; was nine the actual allotment?

The other was Colonel Abdullah Kassis from the military science group. His specialty was small rockets and explosives. That flew red flags immediately. I wondered if the two rockets that took out the two armored vehicles were something new that Iran was experimenting with or had just made available to Hezbollah. More questions to ask them later.

I went to bed and slept on my stomach until 0100; at 0130 Vicky and I were carried to the IDF hangar to wait for the C130 to land. The C130 was just pulling up as Toby and Max arrived.

The pilots on the C130 were well past the flying hours for the week plus they had flown thirty hours continuous without a break. They were just landing at Morton and took the emergency flight here. You just cannot knock the dedication of some people – and I had a lot of them who were dedicated.

I asked Toby “Are they were going to be able to handle the in-flight refueling?”

“Piece of cake; I have done so many I could do it in my sleep,” he replied.

It was then that the ambulance with the two Iranians showed up. I walked over to them to make sure there had not been a switch pulled.

“Well General, are you ready for a long plane ride?” I asked.

“I know who you are now, do you really think you can get away with this?” he replied.

“I already have, I survived your attempt to kill me and turned the tables on you. It’s my ball game now and in the end you are going to be the one to die,” I replied.

“Where are you taking me?” he asked.

“To America; I have very special interrogation methods you are going to experience there and I will enjoy applying them to you,” I replied.

Toby and the pilots finished the plane discussion and the fueling was done. Thirty minutes later they were gone. On board with the two prisoners were two IDF field medics to make sure the two were alive at the end of the flight. Vicky and I went back to bed. For two hours.

At 0600 the pilots of the 737 called to say they were two hours out. We had just enough time to eat and go check on the wounded men to see if the doctors would allow them to travel.

It took three hours to make the connections and get all the approvals from foreign doctors with different ideas on how things should be done. Then it took another hour to get enough ambulances to carry all of them to Tel Aviv.

When we arrived back at the plane we had to wait for the hearses that were delivering the coffins to arrive. It gave us the chance to board the plane and talk with the Doc and all the medical people who came.

The morticians at the Air Force base were experienced in their job. The base there as well as the one in Germany and Dover handled casualties from the Afghanistan, Iraq and those killed in Syria and other wars for years.

They had used the latest JBG ID pictures to do reconstruction on the bodies as best they could do. I was told the funerals would have to be closed casket.

As they were unloaded and placed on a stand until they could be positioned in the cargo bay, Vicky and I placed, fastened and smoothed an American flag on each. They were all ex- military; they deserved the honor.

Vicky had never had to do something this difficult; people who we worked with, who worked for us and were guarding us were dead.

As we finished she broke down and in a hug cried on my shoulder and that was all it took for me to lose it. I whispered words of encouragement, sympathy and understanding to ease the grief that we both felt.
Today was bad and worse was yet to come.

It was recorded and broadcast by the media and hundreds of cell phones from the terminal building.

The coffins were stowed while the ambulances arrived. The six injured were carefully transferred to stretchers able to get through the plane door and then to the hospital beds that had been put on board.

Departure time was fifteen minutes away when Director Dorin arrived with the Prime Minister. We had a brief conversation and the usual series of photos. I needed a few to put in an album, not that I would need a reminder of the last few days. But I was sure I would never come here again.

Twenty minutes later we were in the air for the long flight home and the dreadful reunions on the tarmac.

Edit by Alfmeister
Proof read by Bob W.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1 Response to Book 2 Chapter 3

  1. Joe H. says:

    As always the meds are well recieved, with a tear in my eye.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s