Chapter 347

It was a normal weekend for a change. The last five of the Rapid Response group went home Thursday. They were coming back Sunday night and were then flying to Bogota. The return would bring back the five there. The 18 from Morocco were to return on Monday as well. It was the start of our retraining of all 500 of the embassy personnel. Next week would be busy again.

Saturday morning we had a long breakfast at the gym refreshment center with the four homeless girls. We learned a little more about them and I’m sure they did about us.

Jenny wanted to spend more time in the gym today. I volunteered to watch the boys. It was the first time I had been able to sit with them by myself for more than a few minutes during the day time; there had always been one of the grand mom’s only too eager to sit with them.

I put the carriers on my desk and just watched them breathe and make facial expressions, the yawns and watched them flex their little fingers in their sleep. Occasionally I did do a few things on my computer.

I looked over all the State Department daily alert reports. There was no mention of Haamid or any incidents in Morocco. Libya – on the other hand – had page after page. ISIS was wreaking havoc in Tripoli. There was no mention of Murzuq or the training camp.

When I looked back at the boys, they were both wide awake but quiet. I guess they were studying me as I had been them; then they began to get fussy.

They started tensing up and their little faces started turning red; I wondered what was going, on then it hit me. They were taking a poop – both of them at the same time.

“Oh my boys, you are still connected to the same clock,” I thought. When the natural color returned to tell me they were done, I changed diapers. Then they wanted milk. The best I could do at the moment was a pacifier for each and called Jenny to supply the real thing.

Over the weekend several agreements were made with the homeless girls. One was that they would double up in just two rooms when we needed the rooms. The second was they would work in the gym as cleanup crew to make some money to help pay their way.

On Monday Jenny was going to make some calls about the two youngest ones. Finger prints, DNA and face scans had carefully been collected from all of them; the real issue was how to do it discreetly. Jenny was going to use the facial scans against the missing persons list and all state ID cards. There was also the possibility of DNA match from the federal system.

If Jenny could not find anything, then Robert and Burt could work their magic on the problem.

On Monday the eighteen were back from their week of R&R. The first order of business was the doc’s for them. First it was the head doc, then the real ones for complete physicals including blood work and a DNA work up that went into our confidential files; they were never connected to anything on-line.

Then HR began the task of updating the 18 personnel files. That consumed the first two days. On Wednesday they started with Jamie and her group at the gun club. The weather was to be fair and the shoot don’t shoot course was operational after all the snow removal, including the fixed target range.

Monday when I returned from KCC, I called all 18 to the meeting room, including the two docs who were still there. I told the story of Haamid Muhammad and his terror enterprise with the attack on the embassy. Then I told of his death by the special ops team and passed around both pictures to give closure to the event.

The state department wanted advanced shotgun skills added. To be exact, the skeet range to practice in bringing down small flying targets. There was open season on drones in some places in the world. That also expanded our contract in a couple ways.

We had to supply shotguns – five per embassy – for a total of 400. Not the cheap ones either. To be able to reach out there and get the drones, the department had written specs for a brand name 10 gauge semi-automatic 3 ½ chamber that was $1500 dollars a copy. The shells were 300 dollars for a case of 250 rounds. Each embassy was to have 2 cases.

We needed 30 in the armory for training and who knows how many shells. I did know one thing though. Dad had a 10 double-barrel and I had shot it a few times. It kicked like a mule. After shooting a dozen rounds you wanted no more for a few days.

As I said I was to work at KCC again on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. On Monday the autopsy report had been released on Herbert Carter.

Herbert had died of a massive brain aneurysm that resulted in subarachnoid hemorrhage while in his sleep. Technical terms that meant little to me; he was dead and nothing would bring him back. Herbert had no drugs or alcohol in his system. The final verdict was natural causes.

Administration and HR were going to box all his personal affects and the room would remain empty for the rest of the school year.

Tuesday morning in the field house, the administrators held a remembrance for Herbert. There were also crisis counselors on hand to give comfort to any students that felt that they needed it. It was a very solemn day on campus. Wednesday was better and the crisis counselors made the rounds again, this time talking to groups.

Thursday it was hard work in the gym with the 12 of the Morocco 18 – six of them did not pass the weapons training. Jamie insisted on at least two more days for them to finish. Tomorrow 7 more employees from the college division would be here to join in the training. They were officially and permanently transferred to the embassy security division.

They were young ex-military and wanted the big bucks tax free for as long as it lasted. They would finish the training with the 18 to bring the Morocco group up to a 25 man roster.

Friday afternoon Robert sent me a text to come to their office; they had information I needed to see.

“The prince has put together a new group in Sidi Slimane by using the same internet Café communications setup, with a few changes. We were able to decipher the changes by the style and technique. The leader he has chosen is Faaiz Faeq Fahad. The prince is meeting Faaiz and several of his group on Thursday,” Robert said.

“There is even his time line and travel plans in here; he is that confident,” Burt added. “He is flying in to the International Airport and taking a four vehicle convey to the meeting site. The meeting is to be held at a villa 4 miles east of village El Aarjate. The villa is centered in a mandarin grove on the north side of the highway.”

I sent all the information to Andy at the Morocco Embassy through the State secure system, after I ran it through Robert’s favorite encryption processor. Robert had a list of encryption codes that he assured me a super computer would be days breaking.

I sent Andy the code to reverse the process in three different emails; the third word in the third paragraph in each of the emails told him what to use. The subject line was the tip-off that there was a code included in this email out of the dozens he received daily. The time stamp of the email told him the sequence.

An hour later he sent me a reply that they would check out the place and send a tools request back that would be needed by special delivery sometime tomorrow.

Edit by Alfmeister
Proof read by Bob W.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s